The Zyxel cloud service gives you an online management site to configure and view the status of your Zyxel devices. Information displayed on the site depends on the model of the device(s) registered on the account.
NAS326 – Running firmware version 5.20 and newer.
NAS520 – Running firmware version 5.20 and newer.
NAS540 – Running firmware version 5.20 and newer.
NBG6817 (Armor Z2) – Running firmware version 1.00 and newer.
Zyxel Cloud Setup
To create a Zyxel cloud account and register your Zyxel Cloud Agent compatible devices please visit https://mycloud.Zyxel.com/ and click the Sign-Up link. (additionally you can sign-up using your Facebook or Google+ account)
Once registered you can manually enter the device information to register or have the site scan your network for compatible appliances. If you will be scanning the network please make sure you are accessing the Zyxel cloud website from the network you wish to scan. If the Zyxel appliances are not on the same network they will not be detected.
Manually Add a Device
To manually add a device to Zyxel cloud click on "Search Devices" and press the Manually Add button.
Enter the necessary information (MAC address and Serial Number) to register the device(s). Click Submit to add the appliance to the Zyxel cloud account.
Automatically Scan for Device
To automatically detect Zyxel cloud enabled devices on your network please click the Search Devices tab. This will automatically begin scanning for devices on the network compatible with Zyxel cloud. Click the Search Again button to manually rescan the network for devices. When a device is found click the pair button to the right of the item to register it to the Zyxel cloud account.
Confirm that you wish to pair the device with the Zyxel cloud server.
Once the pairing process begins you will be prompted to press the pair button on the appliance being registered to confirm. On network storage devices the pair button will be the Copy/Sync button found on the front panel. On network routers the pair button will be the WPS button.
After the device is paired successfully you can manage various aspects of the setup for the cloud server and view the status of the appliance. (Setup options depend on appliance model)
When prompted to press the pairing button on the physical device, nothing works, what am I doing wrong?
When pressing the pairing button do not hold it down. Press the button and let it go. Holding the button down will activate other features, depending on the device:
- Pressing the pairing button for more than a second on a NAS will activate the copy/sync mechanism.
- The pairing button on a router is also the WPS button, pressing the button for an extended period will activate this mechanism.)
The site does not detect my device, what could be the problem?
- For best results, make sure you are on the same network when pairing a device with myZyxelCloud. Both computer and NAS should be using the same public IP when going out to the internet. To test this do the following:
- On your computer open a web browser and go to http://myip.dnsomatic.com
- On the NAS, make sure Telnet or SSH is enabled and open a CLI session. From the terminal connection prompt type the following command and make sure the IP result matches the computer web browser lookup.
- Check internet access.
- To verify NAS internet access the WebUI and open the Control Panel app, from here go to Network > TCP/IP and click the Network Diagnostics tab to run a ping test to one of the predefined hosts.
- To verify internet on a router, use any available computer or mobile device connected to the router and see if you can access the internet.
- Make sure the device is myZyxelCloud compatible.
- Make sure the device is running the latest firmware version and/or myZyxelCloud agent.
- On routers, the latest cloud agent is available to the latest firmware release.
- On NAS devices, please make sure you are running the latest firmware release, then check the App Center for updates to the myZyxelCloud agent. If the myZyxelCloud agent is not installed or up to date, it may not be able to communicate with the cloud service(s).
- Try adding the device using the "Manually Add a Device" option.