Bridge Using Default Profile
By default, the device comes with two broadband interfaces which are routed. These are largely for use by the TR-069 client settings, which won't work on a bridged interface.
If you want to bridge traffic through the device, creating a bridged interface is fairly simple and straightforward.
- Click the Edit icon in the right column to edit the desired interface and/or delete unneeded interfaces to avoid confusion.
Note: in almost every menu, you'll need to click OK or Apply to save your settings or changes.
- If you need TR-069 management to the device, you'll need to edit one (or both) of the routed interfaces with VLAN settings.
- Edit the interface. Scroll down to the VLAN section and set the appropriate 802.1q tag.
- For ADSL over ATM interfaces, you may instead need to edit the VPI and VCI settings.
- Remember to click OK to save any changes you make.
Create a New Bridge Interface Profile
- Click the Add New WAN Interface button.
- When you create the new interface, Enable it and select the Mode as Bridged.
- Give the interface an easy to identify Name.
- For ADSL over ATM, you'll also need to insert your VPI and VCI settings.
- For multiple logical interfaces, you may also need to set VLAN settings.
- Click OK to save your bridged interface.