This article will cover the configuration process on supported NWA/WAC access point(s) to go from Standalone mode to Nebula Cloud configured appliance.
To get started with the setup we must first make note of the devices MAC address and serial number. This info is located underneath the access point. Once the information has been gathered we can begin to install the access points in their designated locations and do the following:
- Connect the AP to a PoE enabled switch (using the UPLINK/PoE port) or use a power adapter.
- If using a power adapter, make sure to connect the AP to the network (using the UPLINK/PoE port).
- Wait about 60 seconds for the device to power. Access points will automatically obtain an IP address from the network DHCP server.
- Verify all access points have established a connection to the network by checking the DHCP lease table on your DHCP server.
If you have not yet created an account for the Nebula cloud service, please do so before following these instructions.
Please visit the Nebula website, https://nebula.zyxel.com, to register your device(s).
- Click the Login with myZyxel.com button.
- Enter your credentials to login.
- Select the Organization you wish to edit.
- Click the "Site-Wide" tab option and select Configure → Add devices.
- In the "Add device" page click the +Register button on the right.
- Enter the MAC address and Serial Number for the device. Click the +Register another device button to insert additional devices. Click OK when finished.
- To view a list of all Nebula connected access points click the "AP" tab and select Monitor → Access point.
Wi-Fi SSID Setup
To configure an SSID profile for the access points to broadcast please select the "AP" tab and go to Configure → SSIDs.
Do the following on the SSID configuration screen:
- Provide a "Name" for the wireless network.
- Make sure the profile is "Enabled".
- Scroll down to band and select the proper setting based on the access points you are using in your environment.
(ex: If the AP's support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band, select the "Concurrent operation" bullet. If your AP's are 2.4GHz only, select the "2.4GHz band only" bullet.)
- Click the Save button.
Wi-Fi Encryption Setup
To configure an authentication profile for the wireless network please select the "AP" tab and go to Configure → Authentication.
Do the following on the Authentication configuration screen:
- From the SSID drop down select the SSID Profile you created on Step 3.
- For Visibility select "Broadcast this SSID". (This will allow your wireless devices to see the Wi-Fi network in the area)
- Scroll down to Network access field and select WPA2 Pre-shared key under the WLAN security.
- Enter an 8-63 character length password.
- Click the Save button.
Please sign in to leave a comment.