This guide provides step-by-step instructions to configure PayPal payment services on the UAG hospitality gateways.
If you have not yet configured the billing profiles, Wi-Fi settings, etc., please use the “UAG Setup” walkthrough first.
The online payment service allows users to purchase internet access time online with a credit card. You must register with the supported credit card service (PayPal) before you can configure the UAG to handle credit card transactions. The payment service allows vendors, who do not have the SP350E thermal ticket printer, to sale internet access to patrons.
PayPal Account Setup
In order to use PayPal payment services you need to be subscribed to a Merchant/Business account. To setup your PayPal account to accept payments please follow the instructions below: (Please be aware that the instructions below are based on PayPal’s new GUI interface)
- Login to your PayPal (Merchant/Business) account at https://www.paypal.com.
- Click on the “Person” icon on the top right.
- Select the “Profile and Settings” option.
- On the left of the screen click on “My Selling Tools”.
- On the right, under selling online, click on the UPDATE button for the “Website Preferences”.
- Configure the Website Payment Preferences for your PayPal account. Turn ON the auto return option and set the return URL to http://18.104.22.168/pdt.cgi, this will redirect traffic back to the UAG when payment is complete. Configure any of the other payment preferences you wish to use, scroll to the bottom when you are done and click the SAVE button to apply the changes.
- Once the Website Payment Preferences have been applied, you will be provided with the identity token. Save this information as you will need the Token when configuring the UAG Payment Service setup.
UAG Payment Service Setup
To configure the UAG’s payment service to communicate with your PayPal Merchant/Business account for credit card processing:
- Connect a computer to LAN1 (P2 and/or P3 on UAG2100/UAG4100, P3 on UAG5100).
- Open a web browser and on the address bar type in http://172.16.0.1.
- Login to the device using administrative credentials. Default settings are User Name: admin, Password: 1234.
Note: If logging in with default credentials you will be prompted to create a new administrator password. Create a new password or click ignore to continue to the Dashboard menu.
- From the Dashboard menu, click on the Configuration icon on the far left.
- In the configuration menu go to Billing→Payment Service. Enable the payment service feature and fill in the “Account” info and “Identity Token” info for your PayPal account.
- Click the APPLY button at the bottom of the screen to save the settings.
Testing and Troubleshooting
To test the PayPal setup, connect a computer to the guest network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi (LAN2). Open a web browser and try to open a website, http://www.google.com for example, this will redirect you to the UAGs login screen to provide the username and password for internet access.
Click the “Without an account? Click here to get an account by online payment” link.
Select the billing profile for the amount of time you wish to purchase.
You will be redirected to the PayPal payment services page. Enter the credit card info for payment or select to “Pay with my PayPal account”.
Once the transaction is finalized you will get a screen showing the user name and password credentials for internet access. Make a note of the username/password information or take a screenshot of the credentials. Click the “Login Now” button to begin the internet session.
- I get a certificate error when I open a web browser to access the internet.
- This is normal, click the option on the browser to continue or create an exemption. This generally happens when the homepage configuration on your browser is set with a HTTPS homepage. The UAG has to redirect this encrypted traffic to the sign in screen which is why the certificate error will appear.
- The online payment link does not appear on the browser.
- Verify the “Payment Service” feature is enabled on the UAG.
- Clear your browser cache
- I am not redirected to a PayPal payment page.
- Check the “Payment Gateway” URL, this should be set to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr.
- I receive an error “Sorry! We can’t handle you payment transaction at this time”.
- Verify the PayPal account username configured on the Payment Service feature on the UAG.
- Verify the token is correct.