Supported DevicesNAS326 – Running firmware version 5.20 and newer.
NAS520 – Running firmware version 5.20 and newer.
NAS540 – Running firmware version 5.20 and newer.
Groups are used to provide multiple users the same privileges without having to manually add and edit privileges for each user. A group is created and provided with the privileges it will have on the NAS system. All users housed under the same group will be awarded the same experience across the NAS services.
To create a group on the NAS please access the web configuration screen and open the Control Panel menu window.
Follow the steps below to create a group from the Control Panel:
- From the left pane click on "Privilege and Sharing" to access the Users, Groups and Shared Folders options. Select the Groups menu and click the "+" button at the top of the window to create a new group.
- The setup process of a group will allow you to add any user accounts created on the NAS to the group as well as set shared folder privileges. Provide a name for the group and optional description, click Next to continue the group setup process.
- Select the users that will become members of the group by checking the "Add" box on the far right. Click Next to continue to the shared folders access setup.
- Select folders that will be accessible by the group and access privileges. Click Next to continue the setup process.
- Finally, a summary of the setup will be provided. Click Apply to accept the changes and create the group. Click Back to backtrack to any setting option you wish to change.